Saturday, April 21, 2018

Magnetic Post-it Note Folders

Post-It Note Holders - with magnets




Cut a piece of cardstock 3 1/4 inches by 8 1/2 inches.  Cute coordinating DSP into rectangles,  3 inches x 2 1/4 inches and 3 inches  x 2 3/4 inches.


Score the card stock along the long edge at 2 1/2, 2 3/4, 5 3/4 and 6 inches.  I split my post-its pad in half to make a slim pad. If you want to use a full pad of post-its, make your score marks at 2 1/4, 2 3/4, 5 3/4 and 6 1/4.


I trimmed one of the short edges using a border punch.  You can also round the corners.
Adhere the larger DSP rectangle to the center of the cardstock on the back side.


I split the pad of post-its by pulling them apart near the middle of the stack.   I like the thinner pad for sliding into purse pockets.


Add the Post-Its.   I used double stick tape on the back of the pad.  Be sure to adhere so the top of the post-its are toward the top of the holder.


The post-its just fit between the 2nd and 3rd score lines.


Fold the bottom section up.  May have to force it a little it the fit is too snug but they are very forgiving.


Fold down the top of the cardstock over the bottom.   You can use velcro or tiny magnets to keep the holder closed - or if you want you can just decorate it without.  I have also use ribbons adhered under the DSP to tie around the front to hold it closed.


I made some flowers to decorate the front and adding a label that says 'thankful for you'.  I chose Gumball Green for the tag, sort of like a green leaf.


I used small craft magnets.   Place a pair of magnets on either side of the front flap.  I made sure the flower would cover the magnet before adding a glue dot.

 This shows the magnet on the back side of the flap.  With the magnets on either side of the flap. add a glue dot to the one under the flap.


Add the glue dot to the exposed side of the magnet.  Close the flap so the glue dot adheres to the lower flap.

 Adhere the magnet to the top side of the flap using a glue dot.  Place another glue dot to the exposed side of the magnet.


I used LOTS of dimensionals to adhere the flower and tag.  I don't want a petal curling up or getting caught and torn.  The petal under my thumb will not get a dimensional since it will get adhered tot he magnet.


Adhere the flower and tag using the dimensionals.  Make sure the magnet is covered.  
Adhere the smaller rectangle of DSP to the bottom flap.  The magnet makes it a little bulky but I just made sure the edges were adhered well.


I got all of these made today.  Aren't they bright and springy - such a cloudy, gray day here so these are especially warm.


Closer view.  I am really pleased with how they turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment