Saturday, May 23, 2020

6 x 6 waste not, want not

I’ve seen several demonstrators share ideas for get the most out of the 6x6 DSP, so thought I would share my idea.  


This is the template I use.  I cut it at 3 3/4 and then cut that piece at 5.  That gives me a piece that layers nicely on a card front.  I use the 2 1/4 x 6 strip to cover the envelope flap and combine several of the 3 3/4 x 1 inch strips on a card 
 Here is a piece of DSP cut using the template. You have to be conscious of directional designs.  Since the 5 x 3 3/4 could be either landscape or portrait on the card front, I make the first cut so the envelope flap looks right and then adjust the card front. 


Here is the finished card and envelope. 


Here are several made using the template.  

And here are some cards made using the 3 3/4 x 1 inch scraps 
You can mix or match them. 
The only waste is the tiny bit of excess I had to cut 
around the envelope flap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment