Monday, September 2, 2013

Twister Pattern

 
 
This is the Twister pattern.  It is based on a quilt pattern I saw recently. 

 
 
You begin by cutting 1 inch squares of Designer Series Paper.  I am using some retired Bright Blossoms.   You need 4 squares of 4 different designs.



 
I adhered each set of 4 squares on Whisper White card stock.  I think the next one I will use just plain white printer paper.  The multiple layers of card stock makes the design rather thick.
 
 

I used the second smallest square of the Squares Framelits to cut out my design.  I 'twisted' the framelit until it just hit the edges of the square.   I used a pencil to make little marks on the framelit where the DSP designs meet (sort of like seams).  That makes it easier to line up the other 3 squares and make sure they are all identical.
Cut using the Big Shot.

Repeat with the other 3 pieces .  You will have 4 identical pieces. 

Arrange the pieces so the same designer paper meets up in the center. 

Adhere to white card stock (I will use plain white paper the next time).   Trim along the edge of the Twister square. 

Use your Twister square to decorate a card front.  I managed to cut a large scallop square using the large scallop square from the framelits set but it was not as easy as I thought it would be.  I will have to play with that some more and post if I get it figured out.  

1 comment:

  1. Great! Thanks for figuring it out and posting the tutorial. I love the paper you chose. Nice use of colors.

    ReplyDelete