Sunday, August 15, 2010

Halloween Treats Tutorial

I got the idea for these from Pink Buckaroo Designs - here is my version for the case. You can decorate as you desire.


Start with one piece of card stock 3 inches by 12 inches

Score along the long side at 3 3/4 inches, 4 3/4 inches, 8 1/2 inches, 9 1/2 inches, 10 1/2 inches and 11 1/2 inches. Fold all in the same direction and press well with a bone folder.

Working at the end that has the score marks at 10 1/2 and 11 1/2 inches.

Punch the medium oval in the center of the width but as close as possible to the score line at 10 1/2 inches.
Punch a second time as close as possible to the 11 1/2 inch score line. This will make a snug opening for the hand sanitizer. If you are using candies you may want to adjust the hole shape or size to make a better fit.


Adhere a piece of sticky strip along the edge of the paper closest to the punched opening.



Fold over (sort of rolling up) to form a square with the 1 inch scored sections. Remove the covering on the sticky strip and adhere to the inside bottom.

This is the view from the side (I do not have the ends closed like the other website. I found it did not matter if your square was not perfect. Actually some of the ones that were a little lopsided stood just fine.

Decorate the front of the flap. I used the Greeting Card Kids halloween stamp, Basic Gray, Tangerine Tango and Old Olive and some Old Olive brads. The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes and uses the Word Window and Modern Label punches.



You can also decorate the inside. I just added a piece of Tangerine Tango ribbon punch to mine.


And here is the finished product. Really quick and easy!

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea! TFS I'm now following you. My blog is www.IndianaInker.blogspot.com if you'd like to follow me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your directions :)

    Alex from England x

    ReplyDelete